6/19/15

Jerusalem.



To be completely honest, I don't like Jerusalem all that much. Being non-religious, I guess I'm missing out on the whole spiritual experience. Over the few years, Jerusalem has turned into a much, much more religious city, and it seems as though if you are secular, you have no place there. The Jerusalem SlutWalk was held in the center of the city a couple of weeks ago. Before I left home to catch the bus to the city, I realized I felt uncomfortable in my short skirt. I felt uncomfortable wearing something that isn't "modest" in my own capital city, the city in which I was born.  

As a kid, I used to love Jerusalem. I used to love walking around in the city center with my mom, eating soup at my favorite Italian restaurant, window-shopping at all the beautiful stores built at the feet of ancient buildings, and wandering through the little art galleries. As I got older, Jerusalem lost part of its magic. 

Eventually I wore the skirt I wanted to wear, and the SlutWalk was incredibly empowering. I took some photos, but when I got home I realized I didn't like quiet a few of them. A few days ago I had a few errands to run at the recruiting office in the city, and I decided to take my camera with me. For about an hour and a half, I walked near the Ben Yehuda market, ate a delicious fruit salad at the Nachman coffee shop, and discovered an amazing second-hand bookstore. I hope that I'll be able to visit and rediscover Jerusalem this upcoming summer as well.

Alona


8 comments :

  1. These photos are amazing! Jerusalem looks gorgeous, would love to visit sometime
    Feel free to check out our newest post x
    http://looklovewear.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/ootd-chelsea.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos :)

    My New post is up :D Sunny in Central Park

    Follow me on Google Plus & I'll follow back :)

    Love
    Akanksha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jerusalem is such a historical place, I would love to visit it one day!
    www.samanthamariko.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely pictures! I understand why you don't really like Jerusalem, but I when I am older I wanted to go, because of the nice building and that kind of stuff haha

    loves

    www.meshiony.blogspot.nl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this place, and all the pics!

    Kisses from Ibiza

    Dress to Impress Ibiza

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a cool site! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time and commenting on my blog! It truly means a lot.
Make sure you leave me your link so I can comment/follow back.
xx
Alona