7/30/14

Finding Vivian.

Once in a while I come across people who really struck me- whether it's with their personality, life story or occupation. Earlier today, I happened to watch a fascinating documentary about Vivian Maier- a mysterious nanny who was discovered to be a brilliant photographer after her death in 2009. If you want to know the whole story, I strongly recommend you watch the film about her, after a few thousand negatives of her photography were found, "Finding Vivian Maier". 



Something magical about her photos managed to attract not only me, but millions of people around the world. Despite being in black and white, they draw you in. Make you feel as though you're the one standing there instead of her. Maier's photos are brave enough to show you life the way it really is, even the parts we try to look away from. But even then, when she shows the "uglier" parts of life, it's done in a simple and romantic manner that stops you from being to look away. 













I hope you enjoyed this post.
Who are your favorite photographers?

x Alona

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time and commenting on my blog! It truly means a lot.
Make sure you leave me your link so I can comment/follow back.
xx
Alona